We received a request to sort out a customer’s data cabinet. There are a variety of options to think about when attempting this type of work. Patch lead length, colour coding, room for expansion just to name a few.
Why get your data cabinet(s) tidied?
- Maximise the performance of your network.
- To prevent additional time wasted when making changes to your network.
- When down time occurs, it is dramatically lowered. The issue will be solved faster.
- Resolve a health and safety risk.
- Minimise the loss of productivity – in today’s connected world, no Internet access means no work is getting done.
Colour coding patch leads
Installation of colour-coded patch cables are ideal to help you manage your network in the long run without any complications.
- Reduced time to trace and troubleshoot faults.
- More accurate and easier to install minimising installation length.
- Improved routing of cabling as generally the same colour cables are installed and located together in the cabinet.
- Improved identification of cabling for any future changes/upgrades.
- Improved assurance that critical cables will not be inadvertently removed.
- Improved accuracy and reduced time to carry out audits of the section.
- The appearance of the cabinet is improved.